Thursday, January 27, 2011

Lesbian Goddesses

We all love to worship them, mistresses and slaves alike. This will be my goddess post. I ran across this nice and inspiring link and wanted to save it for posterity:

Lesbian Goddesses

Thanks to the author. I would really like to research the Hawaiian goddesses, because I know nothing about them. One thing bothers me. The lack of references. Fine, I leave them out too. It's only a blog. But the source material (Cassell's Encyclopedia of Queer Myth, Symbol, and Spirit: Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Lore (Cassell Sexual Politics) (London, 1997)) has similar issues with vague and completely missing references, according to comments on Amazon. This sort of thing irks me a little bit too. I was fooled as a youngster by pseudo-spiritual and pseudo-anthropological gobbledygook, and I'm not inclined to be bamboozled by swindlers any more. An exception can be made for Castaneda, Taisha Abelar, and Florinda Donner-Grau. Not to say that they are necessarily false, entirely. I love their writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment