Wednesday, February 9, 2011

John Willie



Doll's Realm recently posted links to some nice FF material. I'd like to expand on the topic, in the interest of my ongoing kinky education. John Willie is a bondage and fetish artist and photographer (1902-1962), who was published by none other than Irving Klaw of Betty Page fame. You can see some samples of John's FF work here. His work is currently owned by Belier Press, and can also be found on Amazon.

I like the work because of the subject matter. The fetishized narrow waists and wide hips are inspiring. I particularly like Willie's use of self-cast shadows to create depth on the figures in some of his images. The style is similar to Frazetta's strong lights and darks. This sort of boldness is something that is always difficult for me. I think I need to practice with charcoal. You can look at a few pieces by Frazetta here.

No comments:

Post a Comment