Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Things Finished, Things Begun

Today I wrote the ending for my fifth novel. I want to quote it, but I don't want to give the ending away to posterity. It's a rough draft still anyway. I also submitted a novel to a publisher this week (Pink Flamingo) for the first time. So that's a cause for celebration. What to do next? Novel number six needs to be finished, and I've a hankering to spin a story about a dead Roman woman and a commanding cat goddess in the afterlife.

This month, I'll be participating in the Share The Love Of Books event this February, which of course is the month that contains the best holiday of them all. What will I be doing? For better or for worse, I lead a non-materialistic lifestyle and have no books to donate, having donated them already. I don't know any kids to give a book to, if I had a book to give them. Well, you get the idea. Here is what this troglodyte will try:

1. Write a couple book reviews/recommendations--one for a book concerning Buddhist writing philosophy.
2. Sign up to receive email notices or a newsletter from a few publishers.
3. Buy a few choice books from different, more indy publishers, and share the love with them. Normally I'm a library and PDF-scrounger, and when do I buy, I stick with trusty Amazon.


To anyone interested in participating, click the image to visit the blog and grab the thingie and do the things. Have fun and share the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment